Monday, July 11, 2011

Musings On 'The Next Food Network Star', or "Why Are These Mostly Unlikable People On My T.V.???"

 By day, I work hard to be an awesome mom. When the munchkin is asleep, Bryan, (my fantastic grizzly bear of a boyfriend), and I snuggle up and play video or card games while we catch up on our favorite shows. Thank God for Netflix and Hulu. We just started catching up on the new season of Food Network Star. Last season , we were left with Aarti Party. Despite criticism, (I'm talking to you, Food Network Humor.Com), I loved her. She was cute, looked like she was having fun, and was really creative. This season, I have no idea who deserves it. Penny is a hateful woman who seems to generally dislike all other women, but the bitch can COOK. Orchid is the cutest chick there, but she seems to have peaked a bit too early, and now isn't able inspire the judges anymore. :/ Chris appears to be fresh off of Jersey Shore, and drives me crazy with the frat boy antics. However, for every kitchen fail he produces, he is somewhat of an idiot savant that occasionally (accidentally?) makes some pretty good eats. Mary Beth is adorable and has soccer mom sex appeal, but I'm not sure she's as much a Food Network Star as she is, say, a permanent judge on Iron Chef or something brainy like that. I'd say Vic Vegas, Jeff, and Susie are the sleepers who I expect to hang in for awhile, but they need to earn a bit more of my affection before I can commit to a favorite. As for Whitney and Jyll, well, they are also contestants. We have made it through episode 4, and are eagerly awaiting 5. In another week or two, I'll pick my horse and Bryan will pick his and we'll see what happens, (if I don't get sick of Bobby Flay and Susie Fogelson first. Bob and Giada, I like).

No comments:

Post a Comment